I guess it is serious time now. So on the 10th of September Projared put his 1 minute review of PLvsPW. You can view it by clicking here. In the end he gives the game a 6/10. This means that the game is just above average.
Before I start let me make something perfectly clear.This is not against Projared. I have infinite respect for the man.He is a very good and fair reviewer. This is also not against the review itself. Everything Jared said was absolutelly correct. He did not mention that the FPS actually take a deep every now and then, especially when some characters have some extra stuff on them, probably because they add stuff on top of the old models instead of making new ( at least that is the case in the eu version, I don't know if they fixed that in the us). I have the problem with the number. The 6/10.
I know that that doesn't mean that the game is bad. It means it is kinda good with a bunch of probelms. To say the truth I would give the game a very close grade too (7.5 in case you ask). But this is not the first time this happens. About a year and a half ago he reviewed Metal Gear Rising Revengeace giving it a 4/10 . Needless to say that caused an uproar. But he was right. About every single point ( defensive/offensive is still not a block don't go there). What made people angry was the number. THE NUMBER! Look at the comment now. Who disagrees with his points? Noone. It's all about the number.
Numbers suck.Numbers are cold.They don't tell me if you liked the game. Or rather they are too specific about how much you liked a game.They don't tell me what is wrong about the game either. Numbers are a trap. And I have fell in that trap. Back in my KH retrospective I said that if I had to be fair with the game I gave it a 7.5 while if I followed my heart or how much fun the multiplayer was then I would give it a 9. The thing is thought I am not a reviewer. Trully nobody in this world cares about my opinion , at least at the time of writing this review ( hopefully that changes in the future).
What I am getting at is that reviews should not be acombanied by a number. Numbers suck. Unfortunatelly, people are willing to just look at the numbers that appear on a site, or a video review, than read or listen to rest of the review. Even if it is only less than a minute long. Or they emphasize to just the number.
What I am looking for in a review ( and guess what you should be looking for) is the problems the game has, both subjective and objective, and whether or not the reviewer liked that game, along with access to previous works of that reviewer for cross-reference. When it comes to Projared, I trust him very much. I feel we have a lot of common tastes. We have only disagreed once ,on Bioshock Infinite, but I have disagreed with the universe on that one so it does not count.It is not his fault, or any reviewer's fault really. It's the human nature that is in wrong here because we trust numbers more that words to save time and ,as I have mentoned , numbers suck.
P.S. I would very much love to actually hear whether or not Projared liked PLvsPW.Just a yes or no.
Before I start let me make something perfectly clear.This is not against Projared. I have infinite respect for the man.He is a very good and fair reviewer. This is also not against the review itself. Everything Jared said was absolutelly correct. He did not mention that the FPS actually take a deep every now and then, especially when some characters have some extra stuff on them, probably because they add stuff on top of the old models instead of making new ( at least that is the case in the eu version, I don't know if they fixed that in the us). I have the problem with the number. The 6/10.
I know that that doesn't mean that the game is bad. It means it is kinda good with a bunch of probelms. To say the truth I would give the game a very close grade too (7.5 in case you ask). But this is not the first time this happens. About a year and a half ago he reviewed Metal Gear Rising Revengeace giving it a 4/10 . Needless to say that caused an uproar. But he was right. About every single point ( defensive/offensive is still not a block don't go there). What made people angry was the number. THE NUMBER! Look at the comment now. Who disagrees with his points? Noone. It's all about the number.
Numbers suck.Numbers are cold.They don't tell me if you liked the game. Or rather they are too specific about how much you liked a game.They don't tell me what is wrong about the game either. Numbers are a trap. And I have fell in that trap. Back in my KH retrospective I said that if I had to be fair with the game I gave it a 7.5 while if I followed my heart or how much fun the multiplayer was then I would give it a 9. The thing is thought I am not a reviewer. Trully nobody in this world cares about my opinion , at least at the time of writing this review ( hopefully that changes in the future).
What I am getting at is that reviews should not be acombanied by a number. Numbers suck. Unfortunatelly, people are willing to just look at the numbers that appear on a site, or a video review, than read or listen to rest of the review. Even if it is only less than a minute long. Or they emphasize to just the number.
What I am looking for in a review ( and guess what you should be looking for) is the problems the game has, both subjective and objective, and whether or not the reviewer liked that game, along with access to previous works of that reviewer for cross-reference. When it comes to Projared, I trust him very much. I feel we have a lot of common tastes. We have only disagreed once ,on Bioshock Infinite, but I have disagreed with the universe on that one so it does not count.It is not his fault, or any reviewer's fault really. It's the human nature that is in wrong here because we trust numbers more that words to save time and ,as I have mentoned , numbers suck.
P.S. I would very much love to actually hear whether or not Projared liked PLvsPW.Just a yes or no.
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου