Like last year , I decided to do a tiny bit of retrospective of 2015 . Like last year, this should be treated like a small subjects of sorts, where I basically touch upon stuff that happened this year .
Now let's start with naming this year. I'd say 2015 has earned the title "The Year of the Open Worlds". I mean, really , between Witcher 3, Mad Max, Fallout 4, Assassin's Creed 2015, Just Cause 3 and a ton of other which I can't remember at the moment because I have eaten too much chocolate. Many of them were also quite good. And I am very happy we are moving away from MOBAs and Zombies ,but now that this pot is stirred so vigorously, some of the problems of the genre begin to float up. I will discuss those issues soon enough , as ,quite frankly, they need a little more than a tiny paragraph. But if my prophecy powers are correct, we are going to see quite a few more of this games in 2016.
Now let me tell you a story. An origin story in fact. The Birth of Darthleon. Once upon a time little leon had a PSP. He didn't own many games for it then. Just Spiderman 2 , Tag Force and the WWE game of that year. But then a friend showed him the way. The way was Battlefront 2. Little leon was blown away. He may have had the worse version but the port was very faithful. And little leon played hundreds of hours on it, even thought he was shit. But his change would not be complete until Elite Squadron. Now leon was able to to take it out on the rest of the galaxy. And as he did, he took upon the title of Darth. Darthleon found himself on the battlefield. And while he still sucked at ground missions, when the war advanced to space, he was the most lethal man on the game. So 6 years later EA released Battlefront and they didn't put space battles in it so, you know. That is a thing that happened.
Now let's talk about the game of the year. Once again it is from the year prior, but I played it in 2015 so it still counts for me. Furthermore, it is game so good and so awesome that overcame my favorite game ever and has made me an annoyance to my friends to the point where I now say,"I'm going to use that word again, but...". This game is Transistor. I bloody love this game. It's so freaking good. The story is great, the combat is great, the way they treat lifes is great, the way of world building is great , the music is practically the best use of music since Revengance and this time it plays a role. It's so good I am almost ready to cry while writing this paragraph. It's only flaw in my mind is the fact that every fight in the game is a God of War circular arena, but the combat was so good that I didn't even care while playing and realized it after the fact. So thank you Supergiant Games for this gift.
2015 was a pretty good year all around and I am certain 2016 will also be truly awesome and amazing. Yeah we had a few hiccups here and there but at the same time we gained a lot of amazing jewels of games. And we have a lot to look forward to. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, which reminds me that I must play Dream Team. It's gonna be a long summer boys.
P.S. Payday 2's micro-transactions were shit but now they are acceptable.
Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:
Δημοσίευση σχολίου