Πέμπτη 20 Μαρτίου 2014

Beyond two souls: What did I feel?

I said that beyond did one thing better than heavy rain. What is that you may ask. Well quite frankly it the feelings that made me feel. Not just the simple ones like panic and sadness. Yeah these are simple for a game to invoke. Throw some strict time based event or a strange boss an get panic. Kill off a character and get sadness. Heck even Dear Esther, the least game-like game could make you sad. NO! I am talking about anger, relief and happyness. ACTUAL anger,relief and happyness. Not "OMG THIS GAME IS SO HARD" rage, not "Thank god i beat the boss" relief and not "Yay i finished the game " accomplisment. Not gamer feelings, human ones. I was able to feel what Jodie and Aiden felt. I have never been so close to an avatar before. Yes I was sad for Phoenix when Maya was kidnapped. Yes I was happy for Ethan when he got his son back. Yes I had mad for the Apprentice when I found out he was nothing but a pawn for Vader. But in Beyond there was no "for". I actually wanted to murder those bullies that touched MY Jodie. I was actually relieved when Aiden learned how to fight the Entities. I was really about to cry when Jodie was almost raped( and my lil sis shed a tear or two). I was actually  happy when I helped deliver that baby. Sure they failed to make Beyond as good as Heavy Rain, but they yet again showed their genius(I'm in love get of my case). That did unfortunatelly made the army scenes pointless though. Oh well.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου